Healthy Creamsicle Fizz- My healthy take on Italian cream soda.
YES YES – its vegan and delicious
Welcome to my world of experiments.
U must be thinking .. CREAMSICLES – yum yum yummy for sure but healthy ???
yes you heard it right – Healthy!!!
Drinking creamsicles is as much fun as eating them .
Evening cravings got me to make this wonderful refreshing shake.
A little experiment and the results were fabulous .
I believe in healthy lifestyle for me and my family and especially pay a lot of attention to what I am feeding my son . He can easily get high on sugar like every other kid . So I try to keep them at minimal . Anything can be re created to benefit more and this is one of them . It looks and tastes like Italian cream soda but as usual
here I am with a twist to the existing concept of cream soda .
This fizzy creamy goodness is pretty healthy compared to other cream sodas.
It’s in a new avatar all together and completely vegan .
No heavy cream or ice cream used .
Still very appetizing.
A hit among the kids as well as grown ups .
YES – Healthy goodies are tasty too 🙂
I could barely click one picture . My son just couldn’t wait to grab the glass. And needless to say he loved it. So enough pictures or not ,I had to share this wonderful creation with you. Hope you give it a try and your valuable feedback too.
quick and easy
Do give it a try and send me your clicks on so that I can feature it on my facebook page – carveyourcraving .
Healthy Creamsicle fizz
- ¼ cup chilled orange juice *
- ¼ cup chilled mango juice *
- ¼ cup silken tofu – protein packed. *
- ½ cup chilled almond milk u can use normal milk too
- ½ a banana u can use 1-2 teaspoon sugar too- I have not used
- ¼ teaspoon orange zest optional – I have used
- Chilled Club soda
- Combine mango and orange juice and keep aside .
- Blend silken tofu , milk and banana, orange zest until smooth .
- Fill the glasses with the juice as 1st layer upto ¼ way full
- Then pour in tofu milk mixture ¾ way full
- Just before serving pour in the chilled club soda.
- Stir well before sipping
sugar can be used for extra sweetness to suit your desired taste.
juices can be homemade preferably or store bought
You can skip silken tofu but the results may vary in thickness.
Feel free to experiment with other juices too.