Lets talk daily meals. I am getting loads of requests from my readers to post daily subzi ideas. Thank you so much for reaching out. So today I thought of sharing one of our house favorites healthy mix vegetable subzi with beetroot boost.
Until 6 months down the line, beetroot was seldom a part of our diet. It would barely be used once a month or two.
Beet is considered as most powerful vegetable with ton of benefits.
You name it and it has it. Beetroot is rich in iron , potassium , anti oxidants , folic , essential vitamins.
It’s absolutely fat free 🙂
It is great at building up stamina , increasing hemoglobin , improving immunity , stabilizes blood pressure , detoxifies to name a few.
I make constant efforts to use veggies in our diet which are hearty and wholesome. And just lately I noticed that beets weren’t getting due importance in our meals. It used to be in a soup once in a while or a piece or two in sandwiches.
But now things have changed. I make a point to buy a whole bunch of beetroot once in two weeks and use it as and when in variety of ways. Not only it imparts a beautiful red or a pink color ,it even benefits our body in so many ways.
There are so many ways you can make mix vegetables. It’s a great way of including a little bit of everything in your diet and best way to use any leftover veggies.
This version mix vegetable is a regular at my place and I make it quiet often. I like the fact that it makes the curry looks nice and red without adding too many spices especially paprika which perfectly suits my kid 🙂
What veggies did I use –
beetroot, potatoes, onions, cauliflower, carrots , peas, zucchini .
Use as many or as few veggies . Use desired veggies.
For this one I have used Indian spices and one more thing- mustard sauce, I know it sounds crazy, but I love adding a dash of this sauce to few subzis. It tastes delicious. It’s completely optional , use it only if you have mustard sauce, don’t make special buy’s . For me mayonnaise and mustard are more than just sandwiches and burgers, I tend to add them in variety of foods.
This is a dry mix veg subzi. I do add tomatoes many a times.
There is nothing right or wrong about making mix vegetables, hence many versions . Just the order in which the veggies are to be cooked is important.
looks pretty without adding lot of spices
great option for daily meals
If you love beetroot you might like the following recipes too , do check these healthy recipes using beetroot too by clicking on them –
beetroot vegetarian chilli
here is a short step by step pictorial followed by the recipe-
resulting into a delicious subzi which I call as healthy mix vegetable subzi with beetroot boost. We enjoyed it with a side of boondi raita and lachcha paratha.
healthy mix vegetable subzi with beetroot boost
- 400 grams desired assorted vegetables diced*
- I have used cauliflower , peas, carrots, zucchini
- 1 big beetroot peeled and diced
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 small potatoes diced
- 3 tablespoon cooking oil
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 3-4 garlic cloves grated
- 1 teaspoon chilly powder*
- 1 teaspoon garam masala*
- 2 teaspoons grounded peanut powder
- 2 teaspoon mustard sauce*
- 1 teaspoon crushed kasoori methi
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup water
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan or nonstick pan . Once its warm , add in the potatoes and some salt and let t cook until tender , 2 minutes or so .
- Add in onions , cook for 30 seconds , add in the ginger garlic paste , cook for 30 seconds . Add in all the spices .
- Now add in beetroot , cook for 3 minutes.
- Now add in cauliflower and carrots and grounded peanuts.
- Give it a quick mix and add water as and when needed.
- Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in zucchini and peas and some more water if required.
- Add in mustard sauce .
- Cover and cook for a minute, until the veggies are tender but not overcooked.
- Add in kasoori methi and give it a quick mix.
- Healthy nutritious subzi is ready to be served for lunch or dinner with a side of roti or rice.
Enjoy it in your sandwiches, wraps , with a side of roti , rice, quinoa or any other grains. Choice is yours.
I have an interesting question for you.
Is there any one or more veggie that you have longed to add in your meals but not yet succeeded . Is there any veggie you think you haven’t given due importance? What will it take to successfully add them? Let me know so that we can inspire each other to put up a healthy, hearty and wholesome meal. You can send me your queries , suggestions and requests in comments below or as a message on my facebook page.
Hope you like this recipe and do give it a try. I would love to hear from you. If you have tried any of my recipes make sure you click pictures of your hard work and do drop in a feedback below and pictures on my Facebook page carveyourcraving in messages section. You can follow me on Pinterest too.
Do share it with the world !
If sharing ,please link back to the post as reproducing, distributing or copying pictures or text/ recipes that belong to carveyourcraving on any other platform is a copyright violation. You can always link back to the website.