This easy oatmeal vegetable soup makes a hearty meal for busy weekdays. This recipe is a smart way to hide all veggies ideal for picky eaters. My kids love it!! Vegan and gluten-free!
My kids are picky eaters most of the time especially when it comes to eating their veggies! So time and again I try to hide them in my homemade express pasta sauce or in a soup like this Indian vegetarian tortilla soup. These recipes are always a winner, at least as of now!
Why oats in the soup?
- My kids do not like oatmeal. So, hiding in this soup is a good idea. They slurp it down without any fuss.
- If you are bored of having sweet oatmeal for breakfast you can try this soup for a change. It is very nourishing and keeps you full until the next meal.
- Oats make the soup ultra creamy without adding any heavy cream. And who doesn’t like creamy dreamy soup???
Hidden Oatmeal Vegetable Soup for a win!!
Omg!! Let me tell you how easy it is to make this veggie-loaded soup. All you have to do is dump all the ingredients in your pressure cooker/Instant pot and cook it without even monitoring it. Once the soup cools down then blitz it in the blender until smooth and creamy.
This soup is a complete meal with the goodness of oats, veggies, and seasoning. I am sure it will be added to your menu once a week.
My kids love this soup with a side of grilled cheese or topped with croutons.
I love to eat this soup with some seed crackers on the side for a quick healthy lunch/dinner.
Makes great leftovers
Leftover stays good in the fridge for up to 3 days and freezer for 2 months.
If you are looking interesting way to eat oatmeal then give this recipe a try!
Some delicious recipes you should try!
Hearty Oatmeal Vegetable Soup
- 2 teaspoon oil of choice
- 1 teaspoon ginger grated
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 stick celery chopped
- 1 big sweet potato chopped into small pieces
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- ⅓ rd cup rolled oats or quick oats
- 2 cups vegetable stock see notes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne skip or adjust to your taste
- Black salt optional
- Normal salt
- Add oil to the inner pot of the instant pot.
- Sautee ginger and garlic for 10 seconds.
- Add all other ingredients and close the pot.
- The black knob should be in the sealing position.
- Press Manual, HIGH pressure, and select 4 minutes.
- Let the pressure release naturally.
- Once the pin drops down, open the lid and let the mixture cool.
- After it has cooled completely, blend it in a blender until smooth. You can do it in batches.
- Adjust the consistency of the soup by adding more stock or water if desired. You can taste and adjust the seasoning as well.
- You can return the soup to the pot to simmer until warm just before serving.
- Add some black pepper and croutons on the top if preferred so.
Step by Step video of the recipe -