Noodles again , yes !!! This time it was Perfect Veg Hakka noodles – Indo Chinese with a side of healthy yummy healthier no fry veg manchurian .For recipe on the vegetable manchurian check out the recipe notes section.
Today I am sharing this quick version of noodles which is loved by all with tips and tricks to get the perfect noodles every time. Be it dinner parties, gatherings, potlucks, indo chinese is an all time favorite cuisine for us. Loved by folks of all ages , it’s super easy and quick to whip up and needless to mention very addictive. If going to an indo – chinese restaurant , hakka noodles is one of our must orders.
Quick overview about hakka noodles
Noodles are coated with various sauces , ginger , garlic , salt and pepper and quickly tossed in pan fried veggies. However hakka noodles isn’t a part of chinese cuisine ,it’s indo – chinese and hence has lot of flavors in itself. It pairs up well with any stir fry veggie or indo chinese gravy’s . We are known to add our own personal touch to any cuisine , fusion everything to suit our taste and i feel indo – chinese cuisine is one of the most brilliant discovery 🙂 I am sure the entire nation raves about it.
I like my noodles not too oily and evenly coated with sauce , with lightly cooked crunchy veggies and not mushy. If you like it the same way do not forget to check the tips and tricks to make the perfect noodles – click here .
Add as less or as many veggies you wish , this dish is very flexible.
Quick and easy
addictive and loved by all
perfect for large gatherings
preparations can be done ahead of time
no onion , no garlic options mentioned.
Make ahead of time
You can chop up the veggies and boil noodles and coat it well with oil , cover and store it in the fridge upto 3 days before tossing together.
If you love noodles do check out this recipe on chili garlic noodles with tips to make perfect noodles each time. Recipe here.
Perfect Veg Hakka noodles - indo chinese
- 1 package or 4 cups already boiled noodles
- 2 cups assorted veggies – the ones I have used are –
- ( 1 cup vertically sliced red green ,orange peppers
- 1 stick celery chopped
- ½ zucchini sliced lengthwise
- 1 carrot sliced vertically/lengthwise
- 5-6 french beans chopped lengthwise
- 4 spring onions chopped lengthwise )
- 2 teaspoon ginger grated
- 2 teaspoon grated garlic *
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 3 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 teaspoons red pepper powder /mirch
- Salt to taste
- Freshly grounded black pepper or ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- Once the noodles are cooked as per the directions on the package , drain them in a colander and run it immediately under cold water for it to stop cooking further.
- Coat it with 1 tablespoon oil , some salt , soy sauce, pepper and red pepper. Keep them aside.
- In a non stick pan or a wok , heat up remaining oil on medium high heat. Once hot , add in ginger garlic paste , cook for 10 seconds. Then add in the carrots , cook for a minute, add in the colorful peppers, cook for 30 seconds . Now add in the celery and the onions, vinegar and sprinkle some salt. Cook the veggies for 30 seconds . Now toss in the coated noodles and coat with the veggies carefully. Switch off the flame. Taste test and serve hot .
Use desired veggies – other veggies used in hakka noodles are cabbage , white/red onions , bean sprouts .
Use bell peppers on hand , assorted colors is optional.
We had these noodles with healthy mouth melting veg manchurian – recipe link here
Noodles and sauces used
Not that it matters but here is the list of things used-
Kikkomans low sodium soy sauce , I like tamari sauce too.
Nakano’s rice vinegar .
Inchin’s bamboo garden vegetable noodles because I like thin noodles.
We do not like thick noodles , I love using inchin’s noodles found at indian grocery store or thin whole wheat spaghetti or angel hair pasta found in any departmental store.
Hope you like this recipe on Perfect Veg Hakka noodles – indo chinese and do give it a try. I would love to hear from you. Love being here , don’t miss a single recipe- Subscribe now – it’s free and get every recipe in your inbox.Subscription box is on the home page and below every recipe post.If you have tried any of my recipes do drop in a feedback in the comment section or on my Facebook page carveyourcraving in messages section or tag me @carveyourcraving on instagram.
Are we friends yet . Let’s connect on-
Happy cooking! Do share it with the world! Thanks for stopping by.
IF SHARING ,PLEASE LINK BACK TO THE POST AS REPRODUCING, DISTRIBUTING OR COPYING PICTURES OR TEXT/ RECIPES THAT BELONG TO CARVEYOURCRAVING IS A COPYRIGHT VIOLATION. YOU CAN ALWAYS LINK BACK TO THE WEBSITE.